The Office of the Discretionary Support Commissioner is here to give you an opportunity to have your Discretionary Support application reviewed by an independent body.

Who can apply for an independent review?

If you applied for Discretionary Support and are unhappy with the outcome, you can ask the Department for Communities to review this decision. If after this review, you are still unhappy with the decision you can ask for an independent review.

The independent review will be carried out by an Inspector acting on behalf of the Discretionary Support Commissioner, who is independent from the Department for Communities.

How do I apply for an independent review?

To request an independent review, you should complete an ODSC1 Application Form and send it to the Commissioner’s Office by post or email;